Dying Plant Questions
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN A PLANT/TREE HAS DIED/IS DYING
- Have you watered the plant/tree?
- Have you over watered the plant/Tree?
- Was frost a factor?
- Has the plant/tree been in a windy position?
- Was the tree staked? (This helps a tree root system to become established.)
- Is there any evidence of pests and diseases e.g.
- What is you soil type e.g. well draining, clay base, sandy?
- Is there irrigation – This can be a problem if it was on automatic and too much or not enough
- Was compost used –?Too heavy? Needs to be mixed with lighter soil.